Wednesday, December 10, 2008

F.A.T

I'm darn tired. Of course, who's not? Sleeping at 4 in the morning watching tv and playing ps2 and getting up by 8am for tuition and classes. Haizh. Very taxing. Haha. I'm seriously burning the midnight oil here.

Anyways, I had my St. John exam on Monday as i couldn't make it for the actual date which was on Sunday. And yes, F.A.T stands for First Aid Test. So, I went there to SAB with my mom, looking for Mr. Purba. I went in and saw a big group of first aiders sitting down in the dewan and getting lectured from Mr. Purba. I also spotted my seniors, Ivan, Alex and Sean sitting there. Apparently, they had this camp there for 5 days.

After that, the officer came and set up a mannequin near the canteen. Just for me! and then ask me do CPR and choking. i was like ... okay.. but there were like almost a hundred people watching me do rescue breathings on it!
haizh.
but i think i went on quite ok with them.
After that, alex came and helped me out with the bandaging and splinting. As in he was the victim. and Sean helped me out too. haha.
After that, came the hard part. The one-to-one Q&A session. he asked..
'what are the different types of fractures?'
i was like .. 'open fracture' and 'close fracture'.
he said...'no those are the major' ... 'i asked the different types'.
and after that everything went blank at first.
i had no clue what the heck was he talking about.
then i think i mumbled
"greenstick fracture?"
he said yes .. what are the 2 more?
i got a shock. I didn't know what he was talking about!
i had completely forgotten to read that part!!
haha.
i was like sitting there... scratching my head like a fool..
i tried looking for help ...
but there wasnt anything around me at that time ..
so i said .. what i shouldn't have admitted..
"i dunno".

after that, he just stood up and walked off. I tried asking him how did i do ... he said i did well.
I mean, ...well? Ok, now that was scary. But i was damn relieved. After so long of that tension and those heart-beating moments, it was over. lol.
Then i went home and checked it out. Comminuted and simple fracture!! how could i miss that?? man! i was so dumb. haizh.

I just hope i pass. that's good enough. at least i would get to wear full-U next year!

that was bad.


so ... me stupid and stupid , me know everything but don't know anything ... me dont know everything but know anything ... me know nothing but dont know anything ... ah , now i got confused and wanna do nothing and dont do anything ...


5am and it's bedtime.

Till then.

No comments: