Sunday, November 23, 2008

The trip to Malacca

The day arrived. The *days* arrived. 22nd and the 23rd of November. I took part in the Malacca Open Scrabble Challenge. Intermediate category. My cuz, who is a grandmaster, trained me for this tournament.

8 players took part in the Intermed. category including myself and my uncle. I got a miserable score of winning 7 out of a total of 15 games, which was played in the two days.

On the first day, 9 games were played. I won 4 of them while I got trashed in the others. It was so unfair that there were only 8 players playing in that category and we had to play each other almost more than 2 times! My highest bingo was for QUOTING (108). Unfortunately the organizers didn't have a prize for the highest word :( The second day was no better when i only won 3 out of the remaining 6 games.

I got 6th place out of 8 players. That was bad. My uncle, however, was 7th.

My cousin, Ramaraj, won 2nd place in the masters category. (which is really great!). My cousin, Priya and my dad also played in the beginners category and had won 3rd and 4th placing respectively.

Anyways, moving on, LIVERPOOL DREW WITH FULHAM (0-0)!! how tragic. liverpool played well, though i only got to see half the match. While other teams like Chelsea and Man U also drew in their matches, Arsenal lost 3-0 against Man City.

Ok. Thats it from me now. Overall (abt the tourney), it was a great experience and am looking forward for more tournaments like these.

hope ya'll had fun readingg =DDD

The next post would be coming soon :P

No comments: